Does Your Home Need An MOT Before Winter? (17/10/11)
Households might consider installing window shutters as part of measures to make their abode suitable for winter.
According to HomeServe heating engineer John Hancock, it is important to plan ahead for the chilly season.
He advises taking out heating insurance, which would cover a boiler breakdown, as well as getting the device serviced.
Other steps that can be used as part of an MOT-like assessment include checking for draughts and leaks, Mr Hancock notes.
If there are cold spots around the windows, it might be a good idea to fit wooden shutters to act as an insulating device in anticipation of a cold winter.
"Prevention, as the saying goes, is better than cure and it can save you time and money in the long run," Mr Hancock explains.
Eco warrior Philippa Forrester recently said many older people are reluctant to switch on their central heating because they are aware of the cost of doing so.
- FREE BROCHURE Download a Copy Now
- DIY SHUTTER SHOP Start Building
- FREE HOME SURVEY Book a Survey Today
- QUICK QUOTE NOW Get an Online Quote
CALL TODAY 0808 163 9058Support Centre
Latest Shutter NewsThe Latest News From Premier Shutters
- 15/05/2013Keep cool with shutters this summer
- Keep cool with shutters this summer With summer just around the corner, many people will be looking for ways to create a cool and shady environment in their homes. If you’re one of them, shutters...
- 19/12/2012Professional through and through…
- Professional through and through… “I am writing to express my gratitude and thanks for the excellent all round service we received purchasing some new shutters from you. We had previously...
- 19/12/2012The Complete Package…
- The Complete Package… I just wanted to provide some feedback regarding the service we recently received from Premier Shutters. From start to finish your team has been excellent. It started with...