Countryside Styles 'can Work In Urban Settings' (18/10/11)
Individuals who like the sound of rural-style plantation shutters but live in an urban setting can still benefit from the fixtures.
Designer Vanessa Arbuthnott explains it is perfectly possible to harmonise country living and town life by carefully choosing items for the home.
Her range of fabrics, rugs and wallpapers are firmly centred around landscapes most commonly associated with rustic areas and Ms Arbuthnott's ideas tend to be taken from her surroundings in a picturesque Gloucestershire hamlet.
But she wants to ensure people of all tastes can enjoy her products, which is why she has carried out a recent photoshoot in a London townhouse.
"I hope these new images will show my designs in a different light and also emphasise how easy it is to breathe a bit of fresh country air into in an urban interior," Ms Arbuthnott explains.
Another way to breathe new life into a space would be to fit a conservatory, as interior designer George Bond recently suggested they can act as a main room in the home.
- FREE BROCHURE Download a Copy Now
- DIY SHUTTER SHOP Start Building
- FREE HOME SURVEY Book a Survey Today
- QUICK QUOTE NOW Get an Online Quote
CALL TODAY 0808 163 9058Support Centre
Latest Shutter NewsThe Latest News From Premier Shutters
- 15/05/2013Keep cool with shutters this summer
- Keep cool with shutters this summer With summer just around the corner, many people will be looking for ways to create a cool and shady environment in their homes. If you’re one of them, shutters...
- 19/12/2012Professional through and through…
- Professional through and through… “I am writing to express my gratitude and thanks for the excellent all round service we received purchasing some new shutters from you. We had previously...
- 19/12/2012The Complete Package…
- The Complete Package… I just wanted to provide some feedback regarding the service we recently received from Premier Shutters. From start to finish your team has been excellent. It started with...