Shutters May Be Teamed With Insulation For Greener Homes (20/10/11)
Those who want to conserve heat in their home by fitting shutters might also find it is a wise move to use insulation.
According to Neil Marshall, chief executive of the National Insulation Association, the padding could help people be greener and save money.
He claims: "An uninsulated house loses a staggering 60 per cent of its heat through the walls and roof."
Fitting the substance in cavity walls and lofts could therefore generate savings of between £185 and £310 per year.
Mr Marshall also notes this would hike up even more for those who place insulation in solid walls.
It might therefore prove to be a worthwhile move for individuals who are using window shutters as a way to avoid draughts entering the house.
The National Insulation Association recently revealed around ten million lofts have inadequate insulation, while seven million do not have this in solid walls, perhaps resulting in higher energy bills.
- FREE BROCHURE Download a Copy Now
- DIY SHUTTER SHOP Start Building
- FREE HOME SURVEY Book a Survey Today
- QUICK QUOTE NOW Get an Online Quote
CALL TODAY 0808 163 9058Support Centre
Latest Shutter NewsThe Latest News From Premier Shutters
- 15/05/2013Keep cool with shutters this summer
- Keep cool with shutters this summer With summer just around the corner, many people will be looking for ways to create a cool and shady environment in their homes. If you’re one of them, shutters...
- 19/12/2012Professional through and through…
- Professional through and through… “I am writing to express my gratitude and thanks for the excellent all round service we received purchasing some new shutters from you. We had previously...
- 19/12/2012The Complete Package…
- The Complete Package… I just wanted to provide some feedback regarding the service we recently received from Premier Shutters. From start to finish your team has been excellent. It started with...